ABVenture Zone is an incubation space for new start-up and spin-out companies associated with the University of Aberdeen. It is a comfortable, collaborative working space with state-of-the-art equipment designed to support growing businesses and to encourage entrepreneurs to develop new products and services. It is particularly suitable for the development of ideas in the digital and IT sectors but is open to entrepreneurs targeting other sectors. It also provides a focus within the University of Aberdeen for events and training in entrepreneurship.
Facilities and Equipment
The ABVenture Zone is organised into separate dedicated Zones:
- Lab Zone (MR831) provides a space for events, for collaborative working and for teaching and training. Out with these uses, it provides hot desk space which may be used by ABVenture Zone occupant entrepreneurs.
- Meeting Zone (MR810) contains all the infrastructure that you need for larger meetings and small conferences and a place where entrepreneurs can literally use the walls for presenting ideas and planning.
- Coffee Zone has a small kitchen area and break-out space and will allow an opportunity to chat with other occupants, your team members, advisors and business mentors. A relaxing, communal space.
- Sherlock Meeting Room (MR830) is set aside for private meetings and conferencing. It is the perfect place to hold small meetings such as one-on-one meetings with mentors.
- 3D CAD Zone (MR826) holds two 3D printers and a 3D scanner, occupant storage lockers and a fridge for event catering.