There are many useful resources available to help you create a business idea. Many entrepreneurs start their business from a problem or frustration they have.
Every year the ABVentures team run workshops to help students identify potential business ideas.
Follow us on Twitter or Facebook to see our upcoming events.
There are several tools out there to help you generate new or improved ideas. Below you’ll find some helpful resources to trigger your next idea.
- iDEA is a programme that helps you develop digital, enterprise and employability skills for free.
- Social Shifters is a digital space for social entrepreneurs which offers bitesized expert e-learning.
- The Entrepreneur’s Handbook is a publication dedicated to helping entrepreneurs succeed. They have various founder stories, design articles and advice you might find useful. This link will take you to their low down on how to create new ideas.
- Futurelearn has a number of free courses that might help you get your entrepreneurial mindset switched on, search Enterprise/Entrepreneur for some helpful free courses (Not all are free)
- Nesta exists to back innovations for the common good. Here you’ll find their DIY toolkit focussing on how to invent, adopt or adapt ideas that can deliver better results.
Another way of finding ideas is to look at current trends and see if there is a way to adapt and improve on what is already gaining momentum.
- Trendhunter highlights the popular trends of the day.