Terms and Conditions
Last updated: 17/11/2023
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before submitting your entry. By submitting an entry into the Lightbulb Business Idea competition 2024, you are agreeing to comply with the rules and regulations detailed below. Failure to comply will result in disqualification.
- This competition is managed by ABVentures, University of Aberdeen.
- Applicants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the award scheme.
- All entries must adhere to the following criteria:
- a. All entrants must be registered students at The University of Aberdeen for the current academic year (2023-24), regardless of academic level or field of study.
- b. Registration is highly recommended. Please sign up using the provided online link – https://bit.ly/LIGHTBULB2024
- c. The deadline for receipt of entries is 23:59 pm. on Sunday 18th February, 2024.
- d. Entries are welcomed from individuals and teams.
- e. If a team wishes to submit an entry, each member of the team must individually submit their entry.
- f. Individuals without a team will be paired at the competition.
- g. ABVentures will not take responsibility for any network malfunctions that may prevent individuals or teams submitting an entry in time.
- ABVentures reserves the right to contact entrants to validate entry information.
- Applicants warrant the application contents are accurate. Any failure to disclose could result in repayment of the award to the University.
- Participants retain the intellectual property rights to their submitted ideas.
- ABVentures reserves the right to use non-confidential information from entries for promotional and educational purposes.
- Participants are responsible for not disclosing proprietary or confidential information during the competition.
- All entries will be judged by the ABVentures Team.
- There can be no appeal against the decision of the judges and these decisions must be accepted as final.
- Prize monies will be paid into a UK bank account of the lead applicant for each team.
- Participants are expected to conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner.
- Participants will be encouraged to reference the competition in their own social media and publicity materials.
- Winners will be announced in publications related to the event, including but not limited to, the ABVentures’ social media pages, website and affiliated platforms.
- By entering the Lightbulb Business Idea competition 2024, participants consent to the publication of their names on ABVentures’ official website, social media platforms (Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, X, LinkedIn), and affiliate platforms for promotional purposes.
- Applicants consent to participate in reasonable publicity activities at the University’s request, such examples including but not limited to production of case studies and press releases.
- ABVentures reserves the right to amend or modify these terms and conditions at any time.
- Participants will be notified of any changes.
- ABVentures may, at its discretion, terminate or suspend the competition at any time.
- By entering the Lightbulb Business Idea competition 2024, participants acknowledge and agree to these terms and conditions.